POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? : Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color?
From: caduser
Date: 11 Jul 2009 01:00:04
Message: <web.4a581c2bbddeda84dbd439ba0@news.povray.org>
If it helps our typical material file adds this to the start of a POV:

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "skies.inc"

#declare light_mul = 0.3;
#declare plane_mul = 1.2;
#switch (3)
  #case (0)
    #declare light_mul = 1.6;
    #declare plane_mul = 1.2;
  #break
  #case (1)
    global_settings {
        max_trace_level 6
        assumed_gamma 2.2

        radiosity {
          pretrace_start 0.08
          pretrace_end   0.04
          count 50

          nearest_count 2
          error_bound 0.41
          recursion_limit 1
         normal on

          low_error_factor 0.2
          gray_threshold 0.0
          minimum_reuse 0.015
          brightness 2.5

          adc_bailout 0.01/2
        }
      }
  #break
  #case (2)
    global_settings {
        max_trace_level 6
        assumed_gamma 2.2

        radiosity {
          pretrace_start 0.08
          pretrace_end   0.01
          count 150

          nearest_count 3
          error_bound 0.31
          recursion_limit 1
         normal on

          low_error_factor 0.2
          gray_threshold 0.0
          minimum_reuse 0.015
          brightness 2.5

          adc_bailout 0.01/2
        }
      }
  #break
  #case (3)
    global_settings {
        max_trace_level 6
        assumed_gamma 2.2

        radiosity {
          pretrace_start 0.08
          pretrace_end   0.005
          count 250

          nearest_count 5
          error_bound 0.21
          recursion_limit 1
         normal on

          low_error_factor 0.2
          gray_threshold 0.0
          minimum_reuse 0.015
          brightness 2.5

          adc_bailout 0.01/2
        }
      }
  #break
#end

#declare CAP =
union
{
union
{
union{

------Then comes all the coordinates to make the object-------

texture {
    pigment
      {
          color rgbt <0.,0.,0.,0.>
      }
    finish
      {
        ambient 0
        diffuse 0.42
        roughness 0.03
        reflection
          {
           0.5, 0.6
           metallic
          }
        metallic
      }
  scale 3
  scale 280.
}

The last part seems to be the construct of the environment the camera position
and if blur statements etc finally the HDRI map and the light.

Just to be clear I did not write the materials or the objects I am an end user I
asked if the program that outputs the models can capture this value and change
it but that was involved and seemed a lost cause. I had managed to create
several new material files from reading and pocking around like copper and some
other basic edits and wanted to know if this could be done with an external file
with no modification to the original POV or if it is a lost cause.

I was frustrated I could not figure it out I usually manage to work something
out find a script to modify but this tool is new to me my background is CAD, 3D
Studio and Photo editing. It seems like just about anything can be achieved with
this tool with some know how and patience.